Now available in Kindle e-book format through Amazon.com.
This book offers comfort and practical help to the wives of combat veterans struggling with the hidden wounds of war, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Insights from the medical and counseling community are wrapped in biblical principles and the shared experiences of other military wives.
The reader will:
- Gain new understanding about what happened to her husband – spiritually, psychologically and physiologically
- Better understand how her husband’s trauma symptoms are affecting her
- Learn how to deal positively with grief, loss and forgiveness issues associated with PTSD
- Learn how to build her own “healing place,” develop her support network, and know when and how to find physical safety
- Understand and focus on her true identity in Christ
- Recognize the real enemy and how to fight spiritual warfare
- Learn how she can contribute to her husband’s healing environment
- Learn how to construct a safe, healthy environment for her children
- Understand the process of moving on to a “new normal”