Our New Brand
Posted in: Uncategorized
Military Ministry is now Cru Military: a caring community passionate about connecting the global military community to Jesus Christ.
In 2011 Campus Crusade for Christ in the U.S. went through a brand change.
Each of the 26 ministry divisions under Cru have been involved in a process to most effectively connect their ministry name with Cru. Military Ministry is a division of Cru and in our efforts to seek greater alignment with Cru distinctives, Military Ministry is now Cru Military.
As a division of Cru we are excited about this transition and see it as a benefit to our efforts to be identified as a caring community passionate about connecting the global military community to Jesus Christ.
There are a lot of benefits to presenting a strong, unified brand. Here are a few:
- It Gives Recognition to the Greater Cru Family – When one division of Cru shares a success story, it reflects positively on all the areas of Cru.
- It Creates a Distinct Personality – Just like Apple or Starbucks, you come to expect certain things from known-brands. For Cru, these expectations are about positive experiences, changed lives and a passionate pursuit of fulfilling the Great Commission.
- It Builds Familiarity – People visually recognize what is Cru and what isn’t. Because of that they can feel right at home wherever they plug in.
- It’s Easily Transferrable – People clearly see what options are available to them in the Cru world and they know how they can get connected to them.
- It Creates a Worldwide Family Feel Among Staff Members – We are all committed to a similar look and feel, and there is carryover no matter where you serve in Cru.
- A Recognizable Brand Opens Doors to More Conversations – Whether it’s MPD or gospel conversations, a person is more likely to connect when they already have an understanding that Cru is a trustworthy and legitimate organization.
- It Helps People Understand the Unique Aspects That Make Us Cru – We have resources and experience in areas that no one else in the world does and we want to share those with anyone who has the passion.
- You Are the Greatest Cru Ambassador – Most people will come to know Cru through a staff member – you are what connects them to the ministry. Providing field staff with a strong, unified brand and message makes those connections even more solid.
Adopting the name Cru Military gives us the chance to think strategically about how we present ourselves, how we talk about the organization, how we show relationships between ministries and what expectations we want people to have of us. The goal of the branding process is that people gain a clear understanding of who Cru is, what we’re all about and how we can help them reach people for Christ.
If you have any questions please write to: email@example.com