Cru Military Ministry
“Bless All The Work of Your Hands”
The International Ministry of Cru Military is known as Military Ministry. It is our vision to seek God’s help in connecting the worldwide military community to Christ.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we seek to fulfill The Great Commission so that the nations of the world might know God’s promise in Jeremiah 33:3 “… I will heal my people and let them enjoy abundant peace and security.”
International Ministry, with full-time and associate staff in the US and staff serving under Campus Crusade for Christ in their native countries, conducts ministry operations for foreign forces here and abroad. Specifically, we serve in partnership with Chaplains to Win (Encountering Christ), Build (Experiencing Christ), and Send (Helping Others Encounter and Experience Christ) by:
- Connecting with the lost
- Life changing discipleship
- Multiplying leaders
- Generating Resources
Within International, we have three on-location, outreach initiatives:
- Gateways — Boot Camps and Training Locations for Enlisted. Staff and volunteers provide evangelistic religious education to help recruits begin their spiritual journey as men and women of faith in Christ. The program structure and timing varies by country.
- Academies — We currently have staff and volunteers ministering at the equivalent of US Service Academies in several countries. Through outreach Bible studies, discipleship groups, and retreats, cadets and midshipmen are being prepared to lead for a lifetime as commissioned officers, to have a strategic impact for Christ.
- Ops (Operational) — After their basic and advanced training, the majority of military men and women will serve out their careers in an operational, utilization assignment. We have staff and volunteers placed at a number of Ops locations to help these service members and their families continue on their spiritual journey by offering Bible studies, discipleship groups, and faith-based events.
Additionally, we have three important connecting strategies designed to enhance ministry at any military base, installation, or surrounding community:
- Community Mobilization — In order to meet the growing spiritual needs of the military in our midst, we recognize the need to mobilize churches in each country in order to minister to their local military.
- Family Strategy — Military Ministry understands the unique challenges and sacrifices made by spouses and children of service members. We prepare families to provide hope on the home front through spiritual resources, devotional web-sites, military marriage seminars, small groups, and church-based ministries.
- PTSD/Combat Trauma Strategy — Our Bridges to Healing Series is a set of resources designed to spiritually address PTSD/Combat Trauma. The books and lay counselor training offer practical and faith-based help for the PTSD/Combat Trauma sufferer and their family. It is our goal to see these resources translated into each countries native language.
If you have a heart for the military we invite you to check out our Opportunities to Serve. There are many ways to invest your life for Christ with Cru Military.
Cru Military is supported by people like you who want to help the Body of Christ grow through evangelism and discipleship. Please consider becoming a financial partner by joining our Patriot Partner monthly giving program.