Cru Military National (USA)
The National Ministry of Cru Military has as its vision to seek God’s help in facilitating movements throughout the global military community so that everyone knows someone who truly follows Jesus.
Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we seek to fulfill The Great Commission in Matt 28:18-20 which says, “And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
The National Ministry, with nearly 200 full-time and associate staff, conducts all ministry operations for the US military here and abroad. Specifically, we serve in partnership with Chaplains to Win (Encountering Christ), Build (Experiencing Christ), and Send (Helping Others Encounter and Experience Christ) by:
- Connecting with the lost
- Life changing discipleship
- Multiplying leaders
- Generating resources
Within National, we have three on-location, outreach initiatives:
- Gateways — Boot Camps and Technical Training for Enlisted. Our seven Gateway locations are currently at: Ft Benning, GA (Army); Ft Jackson, SC (Army); Ft Leonard Wood, MO (Army); Lackland AFB, TX (Air Force); Great Lakes, IL (Navy); Marine Corps Recruit Depot at Parris Island and San Diego (Marine Corps). Staff and volunteers provide evangelistic religious education on Sunday mornings to help recruits begin their spiritual journey as men and women of faith in Christ.
- Academies — We currently have staff ministering at the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO; and the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD. Through outreach Bible studies, discipleship groups, and retreats, cadets and midshipmen are being prepared to lead for a lifetime as commissioned officers, to have a strategic impact for Christ.
- Ops (Operational) — After their basic and advanced training, the majority of our military men and women will serve out their careers in an operational, utilization assignment. We have key staff placed at a number of Ops locations to help these service members and their families continue on their spiritual journey by offering Bible studies, discipleship groups, and faith-based events. Those ten locations include: National Capital Region, Hampton Roads, Ft Bragg, Ft Hood, Pensacola, Great Lakes, San Antonio, Phoenix, San Diego, and Monterey.
Additionally, we have three important connecting strategies designed to enhance ministry at any military base, installation, or surrounding community:
- Community Mobilization — In order to meet the growing spiritual needs of the military in our midst, we recognize the need to mobilize churches around the country in order to minister to their local military. Key resources we’re using to help in that effort are the Cru Military Engage the military in your midst: Online Seminar (E-Kit) along the resources developed for our Family Strategy and PTSD/Combat Trauma Strategy.
- Family Strategy – Cru Military understands the unique challenges and sacrifices made by spouses and children of service members. Utilizing Cru Military’s partnership with FamilyLife, we encourage military married couples’ attendance at local Weekend to Remember Marriage Getaway (link) events and to join or start up an Art of Marriage small group study. Additionally, we encourage utilization of Excellentorpraiseworthy.org a devotional website and other military-oriented resources for small group study that can be found in our resources store.
- PTSD/Combat Trauma Strategy – Our Bridges to Healing Series is a set of resources designed to spiritually address PTSD/Combat Trauma. Our interactive resources and lay counselor training offer practical and faith-based help for the PTSD/Combat Trauma sufferer and their family.
If you have a heart for the military we invite you to check out our Opportunities to Serve. There are many ways to invest your life for Christ with Cru Military.
Cru Military is supported by people like you who want to help the Body of Christ grow through evangelism and discipleship. Please consider becoming a financial partner by joining our Patriot Partner monthly giving program.
A Precious Window of Time Pastor Jeff Struecker is a former Army Ranger portrayed in the movie Black Hawk Down. He retired as a Chaplain after serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. But the quieter part of history is how this soft-spoken man committed himself to sharing the gospel that day. Military Ministry of Cameroon One specific promise the […]Read More
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I’ll be giving thanks for all you brave believers who are sharing the gospel with our troops. You truly understand and care about the men and women who put their lives on the line for our freedom. We have many incredible opportunities to expand into more locations and potentially reach […]Read More
Military Appreciation Month May is designated National Military Appreciation Month and we, as a nation, are given the opportunity to publicly demonstrate our gratitude to those who serve and have served in the armed forces. Our service members work tirelessly in support of our country,… Spiritual Fitness Guides Training for battle takes dedication, determination, and support. Those […]Read More
Cru Military was established in 1965 as Military Ministry at the direct request of Crusade founder Bill Bright, who recognized the military as a strategic audience for Christian outreach. Cru Military has more than 400 full and part-time staff and hundreds of volunteers across the US and in Europe. Hundreds of military members receive Jesus […]Read More
God ordained the military with a purpose. A government (including its military) can be a tremendous blessing to a nation or its greatest curse. The Bible teaches that the purpose of the military is to administer God’s justice (Romans 13:1-4). God desires governments to protect its people from the evil actions of sinful people. It […]Read More
Over the past 50 years, spiritual warriors like you, together with Cru Military, have helped men and women in our global military community discover the life-changing reality of knowing Jesus Christ as Savior. God called evangelist Dr. Bill Bright and Colonel John Fain to launch this critically needed ministry just as the volatile Vietnam War […]Read More
On May 30, 2014, the leadership of Cru Military was formally transferred from Jeff Oster to Joe Ludwikowski. At the ceremony, Joe described the legacy of the faith of the centurion. The Centurion’s Story As I prepared for this moment, I thought, “Lord, explain to me fully the legacy of Cru Military. Help me […]Read More