Who We Are
We are a caring community passionate about connecting the global military community to Jesus Christ.
We are individuals, churches, chaplains … people just like you … drawn together to spiritually build up the military community by meeting them at their greatest point of need.
Our purpose, as the military ministry of Cru, is to fulfill the Great Commission in the power of the Holy Spirit by winning people to faith in Jesus Christ, building them in their faith and sending them to win and build others while helping the body of Christ to do evangelism and discipleship.
Currently our National Team ministers to American service members in the United States and around the world, while our International Team, known as Military Ministry, ministers to the militaries of nearly 30 other countries. Our active strategies address the spiritual needs of: cadets and midshipmen at service academies, recruits in basic training, active duty members, national guardsmen, reservists, veterans, retirees, combat trauma and PTSD sufferers, spouses, marriages, and families. We also train individuals, churches, and ministries seeking to minister to the military community.
Together we can see this community grow so that everyone in the global military community knows someone who truly follows Jesus. In doing so, we believe many will become followers of Christ who in turn evangelize and disciple others. Guided by these aspirations, we pursue our mission with humility, compassion, and excellence because the people whom we serve deserve nothing less.
- Cru Military was established in 1965 as Military Ministry at the direct request of Crusade founder Bill Bright, who recognized the military as a strategic audience for Christian outreach.
- Cru Military has more than 200 full and part-time staff and hundreds of volunteers across the US and in Europe.
- Hundreds of military members receive Jesus Christ into their lives every week as the Holy Spirit works through Cru Military staff and volunteers.
- Cru Military is mobilizing and training churches, counselors, and communities across America and around the world for effective ministry to military members, veterans and families in their midst.
- The Resource Ministry of Cru Military publishes books, counselor training and seminars that are helping caring Christians reach out in love to the global military community.
Cru Military was established in 1965 as Military Ministry at the direct request of Crusade founder Bill Bright, who recognized the military as a strategic audience for Christian outreach. Cru Military has more than 400 full and part-time staff and hundreds of volunteers across the US and in Europe. Hundreds of military members receive Jesus […]Read More
God ordained the military with a purpose. A government (including its military) can be a tremendous blessing to a nation or its greatest curse. The Bible teaches that the purpose of the military is to administer God’s justice (Romans 13:1-4). God desires governments to protect its people from the evil actions of sinful people. It […]Read More
Over the past 50 years, spiritual warriors like you, together with Cru Military, have helped men and women in our global military community discover the life-changing reality of knowing Jesus Christ as Savior. God called evangelist Dr. Bill Bright and Colonel John Fain to launch this critically needed ministry just as the volatile Vietnam War […]Read More
On May 30, 2014, the leadership of Cru Military was formally transferred from Jeff Oster to Joe Ludwikowski. At the ceremony, Joe described the legacy of the faith of the centurion. The Centurion’s Story As I prepared for this moment, I thought, “Lord, explain to me fully the legacy of Cru Military. Help me […]Read More